£32.52 – £311.74
This award winning product is suitable for all vessels but really comes into its own on vessels that are short-handed i.e. Husband and wife sailors.
SOS Man overboard Danbuoy unit
Simply throw the SOS Man overboard Danbuoy into the water & within seconds of immersion, it automatically inflates and stands 2m above the water.
The light automatically activates, highly visible up to a mile away, even in 2 metre seas.
Webbing loops allow the casualty to put their arms around the marker to help support them. When fatigued it gives them an extra sense of security & stability.
Instantly deployed (can be thrown to the casualty immediately).
No need to go to where a SOS Man overboard Danbuoy unit is mounted and activate the release mechanism.
The SOS Dan Buoy is patented, man overboard equipment, ready for instant deployment.
The ultra fast and reliable self-righting properties ensure that just when time matters most, the SOS Dan Buoy is always ready.
It increases vital visibility and buoyancy for the person overboard.
The SOS Dan Buoy system is compact, easy to use and very visible. It all folds away in an easily stowed carry bag.
NEW DESIGN FEATURES OVERVIEW
• Ready-to-go man overboard equipment.
• SOS Dan Buoy is packed into a portable valise-compact, ready for use. Tested to elements of ISO 12402.
• Self-contained disposable CO2 inflation system – the same mechanism as an inflatable lifejacket.
• A large drogue (120cm circumference x 60cm long) to reduce downwind drift. Designed along life raft specifications.
• The SOS Dan Buoy marker allows the person overboard to place their arms through the webbing loops, giving an extra sense of security and stability, especially when fatigued, until help arrives.
• SOS Marine has made every effort to augment visibility. The fluorescent yellow, 2.5 metre streaming ribbon waves back and forth in a breeze, allowing it to be seen up to 1700 metres.
• Fitted with an automatic SOLAS light for night rescues and SOLAS grade high-visibility, retro-reflective tape.
• Easy maintenance and service. Lightweight (weighs 4 kilos) and compact for transport and stowing on all vessels.
• Service Window: provides the added benefit of detecting, at a glance, that the SOS Dan Buoy is set to go. There is also a service reminder inside the flap.
• Reusable and repackable – only requires a 33gram replacement cylinder and an activation cartridge.
• The SOS Dan Buoy has the extra benefit of removing the drogue and attaching an anchor, so it can then be used as a temporary marker for wrecks, channels, and dive or crash sites, at sea.
• SOS Dan Buoy is smaller than a tackle box; extremely beneficial for safety in small boats, like the fisherman’s “tinny”.
• Watch the SOS Dan Buoy in action at: www.danbuoy.com
• The ultimate Dan Buoy for all size vessels. Introducing a new level of safety for man-overboard.
SOS Danbuoy Unit, SOS Danbuoy Unit & Holder, Rail Mount Holder ONLY
- Highly portable, packed into a compact valise with throwing handle
- SMALL – Only W180mm x H280mm x D70mmwhen packed – very easily stowed.
- Automatic Pro-Sensor CO2 inflation system (as used in lifejackets)
- Automatically inflates upon immersion in water and sits 2.5 metres above water level.
- Sea Anchor / Drogue reduces downwind drift.
- SOLAS reflective tape to improve visibility. Ensures faster detection, with easily spotted fluorescent yellow material with flying pennant to assist visibility.
- The reflective yellow coloured material has the highest visibility rating under the UV searchlights used for detection in fog and inclement conditions.
- Grab Handles to assist supporting person overboard.
- Pea-less whistle attached.
- Can be used as a marker by unclipping sea anchor and replacing it with a conventional anchor and chain.
- Hi-visibilty, 2.5m streaming ribbon flag
- Service window allows inspection of firing mechanism from outside valise
- Re-usable and Re-packable, purchase a 33g CO2 Bottle to re-arm.
This portable, compact, self-contained rescue device is specifically designed to make rescue and recovery a simpler operation.
WHEN THE SECONDS COUNT Just throw… It automatically inflates.
Automatically inflates using 33 gram CO2 Cylinder.
This will save 5+ seconds which when a vessel is travelling at 6+ knots in a moderate swell could prove critical to the ultimate survival of the casualty.
In most cases the helmsman would not need to leave the helm to help the unfortunate victim.
The SOS Dan Buoy is easy and simple to use – just throw it to the person overboard.