Rescue Laser Flare. These up-to-the-minute devices offer a simple and effective way of pin pointing your position to a rescue ship or aircraft searching for you.
These up-to-the-minute devices offer a simple and effective way of pin pointing your position to a rescue ship or aircraft searching for you.
The laser "torch" emits a fan shaped beam which is pointed at the target and moved slowly back and forth across it. The rescue crew will see a flashing red light which they will be able to home in on.
Laser flares and lights have a number of advantages over pyrotechnic flares for guiding rescuers to the casualty:
1. Longer in-use life. A typical white pyrotechnic flare, a one-off device, lasts for less than a minute whereas the Rescue Laser Flares lasts for hours. Whilst this depends on the weather and the amount of ambient light, in clear conditions and no ambient light the laser devices can be seen.
2. Location. Laser flares and lights can be used to illuminate reflective materials such as those on oilskins and lifebuoys out to a range of 1 mile.
3. Ease of use. Having a simple twist method of switching on and off, laser flares and lights are easy to use.
4. Safety. Laser flares and lights are battery powered and are not a fire hazard. They are much safer to use than a pyrotechnic flare and they can be carried by air.
5. No Mechanical moving parts.
6. No Hazardous materials to be disposed of after they expire.
Click and drag your mouse to rotate the image