You must take care of your life jacket, it is a piece of safety equipment that needs to be maintained. Get your Life Jacket serviced annually either by dropping it off at a SeaSafe LifeJacket Drop Off Point were your life jacket will be collected or use the door to door pick up and delivery service SeaSafe offers, please use the online booking form to request door to door. Once serviced they will be returned to either the drop off point or back to the pick up address all within 14 working days, times do vary depending on how busy the service department is.
- Neglected lifejackets
- Incorrectly assembled operating mechanisms
- Operating mechansims with pieces missing
- Damaged lungs
- Rips. Tears. Burns
- Expired, out of date jackets
- Rotting, damp and mouldy
- Used and never re-armed jackets
- Loose or detached CO2 Gas bottles
- No automatic firing cap and Manual puller hidden away
- Little fingers using lifejackets as toys
- Even holes created by poppy’s or pin badges being worn!
Servicing costs just £12.95, plus any parts you may need.
Most of the LifeJackets above failed the service and we can safely say that most would not have worked.
Our servicing department has found that many lifejackets are returned to us in a shocking condition, see some of the shocking Rogues Gallery photos below.