Kannad SafeLink R10 SRS (Survivor Recovery System).
Unit Only - £188.12 (+vat)
Unit Fitted to a NEW SeaSafe Coat - £235.37 (+vat)
Unit Retro Fitted to an OLD SeaSafe Coat - £266.87 (+vat)
A personal AIS (Automatic Identification System) device designed to be fitted to a lifejacket and assist in Man Overboard recovery.
The SafeLink R10 transmits target survivor information, including structured alert messages, GPS position information and a unique serialised identity number back to the onboard plotter*. An inbuilt high precision GPS receiver provides accurate position information to assist in quick recovery of survivors.It will transmit continuously for a minimum of 24 hours and has a 7 year battery storage life.
It also features a flashing LED indicator light; to aid detection at night and a self test facility with battery use indication.
Carrying a SafeLink R10 is a must for every safety conscious sailor. using this simple to operate, yet state of the art new device ensures the ultimate chance of retrieval in a Man Overboard situation. View the demonstration
How SafeLink R10 SRS Works
- SafeLink R10 SRS must be mounted on a lifejacket using the attachment clips provided, prior to going to sea
- R10 SRS is activated manually in an emergency situation
- A unique emergency alert is transmitted to all AIS receivers and AIS enabled chart plotters within a 4 mile radius (typical)
- An AIS SAR emergency icon signals the requirement for urgent help in a Man Overboard situation.
- Precise target survivor information including GPS position becomes viewable when the chart plotter* cursor is positioned over the emergency alert icon Provides exact location, range and bearing to locate person(s) in need of assistance.
- The SafeLink R10 SRS can be manually activated in two easy steps; when installed in the lifejacket the orange safety tab should be released, this ‘arms’ the R10 ready for use. To use, first inflate the lifejacket. When it is inflated, pull the orange tab downwards to pull the red cap off the R10. This will deploy the antenna and automatically switch ON the R10 SRS.
- If professionally * fitted to a lifejacket, the R10 SRS can become semi-automatic in operation; the action of the lifejacket inflating triggers the activation of the R10 SRS (see below).
Automatic Activation Supported Lifejackets (PFDs)
* Providing it is professionally fitted (by the lifejacket manufacturer or one of its authorised service centres) the R10 SRS can be made to activate when the lifejacket inflates. This makes the R10 SRS as automatic as the lifejacket, activating as a result of the lifejacket being inflated.
Click and drag your mouse to rotate the image